Join the Department of Psychology’s EDI Committee at our EDI Strategic Plan Town Hall.
Over the past year, our department has begun work on our 5-year Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) strategic plan, based on the 2021 EDI Task Force recommendations.
We invite all psychology department members to an EDI Strategic Plan Town Hall to update you about the many EDI initiatives that are underway.
Join us to learn more about:
- Changes made to the faculty hiring process to better consider candidates’ EDI contributions and a few things we learned from this year
- How much money we raised for the new Psychology Inclusive Excellence Student Fund and how we plan to spend it
- Steps we have taken to better support undergraduates from diverse backgrounds in gaining research experience and successfully applying to graduate school
During the EDI Strategic Plan Town Hall, we will:
- Report on the EDI initiatives that we have undertaken in the past year to make progress on the EDI Task Force recommendations
- Present the results of our 2023 department EDI climate survey that will inform our goals for next year
- Invite discussion about our plans for carrying out other EDI Task Force recommendations next year
- Share ways on how to get involved in our EDI efforts
Light refreshments will be available! Please RSVP!