Funding to advance equity, diversity and inclusion in teaching and research—and work and life on campus.
Explore the range of funding opportunities available to UBC students, faculty and staff:
- The Equity Enhancement Fund supports community-based initiatives that enhance equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- The Workplace Accommodations and the Equipment Accommodation Fund supports the accommodations process for UBC faculty and staff that have a medical condition or disability.
- The Anti-racism Initiatives Fund supports initiatives that seek to celebrate and elevate diverse communities and advance anti-racism efforts in UBC’s campuses.
- The Inclusive Initiatives Fund provides low-barrier access to funds for students working to build a more inclusive UBC.
- The Partnership Recognition Fund is designed to help fill small resource gaps and acknowledge the work of community groups that partner with UBC.
- The Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program for Black Canadian Scholars celebrates Scholars who bring diverse academic, community involvement and leadership experience.
- Awards and scholarships for students with disabilities
- The Canadian Institute for Health Research Institute of Gender and Health Funding Initiatives
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council’s Race, Gender and Diversity Initiative supports research partnerships that are grounded in the lived experience of underrepresented or disadvantaged groups and that analyze the causes and persistence of systemic racism and discrimination.
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Institutional Capacity-Building Grant supports the federal government’s commitment to tackling challenges encountered by underrepresented and/or disadvantaged groups in Canadian research institutions.
- The Robbins-Ollivier Award for Excellence in Equity funds bold and potentially game-changing projects that will challenge the status quo, spark change and take action to address persistent systemic barriers in the research ecosystem and academia.
- The Society for the Teaching of Psychology’s Award for Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion recognizes instructors who promote and prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in their teaching and mentoring.