World university rankings recognize UBC Psychology for its excellence in teaching and research as well as its global impact.
UBC’s Department of Psychology placed 13th in the world in the 2022 Times Higher Education (THE) global rankings by subject. The department also retained its ranking of number one in Canada by THE.
This year’s psychology ranking includes 568 universities, up from 533 last year.
The weightings for the psychology ranking are:
- Teaching: the learning environment |27.5%
- Research: volume, income and reputation | 27.5%
- Citations: research influence | 35%
- International outlook: staff, students and research | 7.5%
- Industry income: innovation | 2.5%