World university rankings recognize UBC Psychology for its excellence in teaching and research as well as its global impact.
UBC’s Department of Psychology placed 14th in the world in the 2023 Times Higher Education (THE) global rankings by subject. The department also retained its ranking of number one in Canada by THE. This year’s psychology ranking includes 600 universities, up from 568 last year.
THE’s 2023 World University Rankings psychology subject ranking includes a range of narrower subject areas.
The subjects used to create this ranking are:
- Educational/sport/business/animal psychology
- Clinical psychology
The weightings for the psychology ranking are:
- Teaching: the learning environment | 27.5%
- Research: volume, income and reputation | 27.5%
- Citations: research influence | 35%
- International outlook: staff, students and research | 7.5%
- Industry income: innovation | 2.5%