World university rankings recognize UBC Psychology for its excellence in teaching and research as well as its global impact.
UBC’s Department of Psychology placed 13th in the 2021 Times Higher Education (THE) global rankings by subject. The department also retained its ranking of number one in Canada by THE.
This year’s psychology ranking includes 533 universities, up from 494 last year.
THE’s World University Rankings’ table for psychology subjects uses the same rigorous and balanced range of 13 performance indicators used in the overall World University Rankings 2021, brought together with scores provided under five categories. However, the overall methodology is carefully recalibrated for each subject, with the weightings changed to suit the individual fields.
The weightings for the psychology ranking are:
- Teaching: the learning environment |27.5%
- Research: volume, income and reputation | 27.5%
- Citations: research influence | 35%
- International outlook: staff, students and research | 7.5%
- Industry income: innovation | 2.5%