Honours program applications for current UBC students closed on April 1, 2023 at 12:00 pm (PDT). Honours program applications for transfer students will close on June 1, 2023 (PDT). Apply through the form below.
Please read the following information carefully before completing your application.
- The Honours program is a two-year program designed to provide advanced training in psychological research to outstanding students who intend to pursue PhD-level graduate studies in Psychology. Students admitted into the Honours program complete several advanced research-relevant courses during their Third and Fourth years, in addition to completing the regular BA or BSc requirements. Honours students are also required to conduct research projects under faculty supervision during their Third and Fourth years, write major papers each year reporting on their research, and present their research results at the annual UBC Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference (PURC).
BA students are no longer required to complete 30 credits during the winter session. The 6-credit Honours seminars, spanning Winter Term 1 and Term 2 are only offered during the Winter session.
- Admission to Honours is very competitive (only 30 new Honours students are admitted each year). As a minimum requirement, admission to the Honours program requires at least a 76% average in the second year and at least 80% in each of PSYC 217 and 218 (BA Majors) or at least 80% in each of PSYC 277 and 278 (BSc Majors). Meeting the minimum required GPA standards does not guarantee admission to the Honours program. The Honours Committee in the Department of Psychology selects students for admission based on overall academic record and suitability for the program.
- Students typically apply for admission into the Honours program during the second half of their Second Year. Current or continuing UBC students must submit their applications by April 1, 2023 at 12:00 noon. Transfer students must submit their applications and official transcripts by June 1, 2023 at 12:00 noon.
- Transfer students will need to arrange to have their official transcripts sent directly from all post-secondary institutions to Dr. James Enns by June 1. Note: Non-transfer students do not need to submit a transcript.
- Students selected to advance to the interview session will be contacted. Group interviews will be held in May and June 2022.
Apply for the Honours Program!
More information about the Honours program: