The UBC Trivia Study is hosted by the Social Cognition and Emotion Lab as part of a project researching online communication in groups.
The study involves completing a 15-minute UBC Trivia Study with your team over Zoom, followed by a 10-minute survey. Prior to the call, you will need to follow instructions to download Zoom and Snap Camera. In total, your participation should last about 1 hour.
You can sign up with 3-5 friends, or sign up individually and we can match you with a group.
- Teams of friends must include 4-6 people
- UBC students or alumni
- Stable internet connection and working web camera/microphone
- Willing to install Zoom and Snap Camera on your computer
- Willing to be video recorded during the group video call
- Not located in China (Zoom/Snap Camera do not work)
How to Sign Up
- Email Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If signing up as a team, tell us your team name and how many people are on your team (must be 4-6 people)
- If signing up as an individual, let us know you want to be matched with a group
Our team will send you a consent form and instructions to setup Zoom/Snap Camera. After you have completed the setup, we will schedule a time for your team to play.
In addition to helping science, the top 3 teams will win prizes! Every member of your group could each win:
- 1st place: $100 per person
- 2nd place: $50 per person
- 3rd place: $25 per person
Registration is limited to 80 teams, so sign up today!
Email Ryan at email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
About the study
Principal Investigator: Dr. Elizabeth Dunn, Professor, UBC Psychology