Interested in joining a multidisciplinary team to teach data science workshops? We are now seeking volunteers to join UBC ECOSCOPE! UBC ECOSCOPE is a NSERC CREATE program aimed to introducing data science into the undergraduate curriculum.
ECOSCOPE is looking to add 2-3 keen undergraduate students for the upcoming academic year. They will be working as a team to develop and deliver 6 workshops per term. Workshops include: introductory r, intermediate r, research reproducibility, the tidyverse, statistical models, SQL, and more! They are constantly developing new lessons.
– Experience with r/python and git is ideal but must be willing to learn
– Teaching assistant experience
– At least an academic year commitment
– Attend the workshops and help students through technical and conceptual topics
– Help schedule and organize room bookings and eventbrite page
– Maintain and develop the online textbook (optional)
– Maintain and develop the educer r package (optional)
If you are interested, please send Andrew Li (email@example.com) an email with your transcript and CV!