Using the UBC Content Management System (CMS), the Department of Psychology’s web team can assist with creating new websites for our faculty’s labs or research centres. This free platform comes with CWL-enabled authentication, a WordPress-based UBC Common Look and Feel (CLF) theme, and secure on-campus hosting infrastructure.
- Standard dashboard set-up and a user-friendly web template
- On-campus hosting with backups and versioning
- On-going access to the latest version of the UBC CLF WordPress Theme
- Assistance with domain mapping and site configuration
- Basic content migration available for existing WordPress sites
- A UBC CMS overview and access to UBC CMS support and documentation
What’s not included:
- Full content migration
- Custom design beyond what’s available through the UBC CMS
- Web content maintenance/updates
- Faculty member/lab manager creates a UBC CMS account – you’ll need this to manage your website
- Faculty member/lab manager completes and submits the Website Request Form below
- After the form is received, the web team will confirm and create the standard website set-up
- After the initial set-up of the website is complete, administrator-level access is assigned
- A UBC CMS overview, initial training and website handover is then provided
- The website administrator(s) may begin populating the sites with content
- When the site is ready to go live, our web team will assist with the domain-mapping, configuration and request the site to be added with UBC IT
- The desired URL address (e.g. psych.ubc.ca) will then redirect to this new site.
- Your new site is live!
View the UBC Psychology Secondary Website Project presentation and guide (PDF).