- Payee: Enter the name of the payee as it should appear on the cheque. Use the full legal name. For a vendor, please do not use acronyms – for example: Canadian Psychological Association not CPA. There can only be one payee per expense form.
- Address: Enter the house number, street address, city, province/state, postal/zip code and country. It is essential this information is clear and correct. The cheque will be mailed to this address.
- Amount: Enter the total amount to be reimbursed including GST and/or PST if applicable. Note: currency conversions are not required.
- Speedchart: Include designated Speedchart number.
- Details of payment/summary: Explanation of the expenditure or reimbursement to be paid. Include the study name and a brief justification of how the expenditure or reimbursement is directly linked to your research. For subject/participant payments, please include the project name and a brief description with a time frame for the study/project.
- Authorizing Signature: Enter the full name and title of the person who has the authority to sign for the PG.
Supporting Documentation Guidelines
- Only original itemized receipts and/or invoices are acceptable as supporting documentation. This should include evidence of what was purchased, breakdown of cost, receipt of goods/services and proof of payment if applicable.
- Payment to a vendor (i.e. invoice payment) requires an original invoice that includes details of what was purchased, invoice number, invoice date and a breakdown of the cost. Price quotations and proforma invoices are not acceptable.
- The expense reimbursement form is also used for reimbursement of subject payments.
If you have questions, please contact the UBC Psychology Finance Team:
Phone: 604-822-2910 | Email: finance[at]psych.ubc.ca