The department is pleased to share the winners of UBC Psi Chi’s annual awards! Since September 2011, UBC Psi Chi (our local chapter of the international honours society) has awarded $8,050 in undergraduate travel awards and other awards recognizing outstanding individual achievements. More
Please join us in congratulating the following students on their outstanding work:
Eich Undergraduate Travel Award
To support the presentation of research at a conference outside of BC
- Charlotte Kukowski will receive $350 towards her presentation of “The effect of attentional bias and attributional style on romantic relationship satisfaction” at the 2015 annual meeting of the Association of Psychological Science in New York.
- Shawn Sanders will receive $350 towards his presentation of “Integrative complexity in conspiracy theory adherents and non-adherents” at the 2015 annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association in Ottawa.
- Kurtis Stewart will receive $350 towards his presentation of “How children’s responses to their mothers’ attributions moderate the relation between child problems and the parent-child relationship” at the 2015 annual meeting of the Association of Psychological Science in New York.
Goldsmith-Whillans Award for Outstanding Student Leadership
Award for best extracurricular leadership at UBC and/or beyond
- Sarah Cheung ($250)
Distinguished Undergraduate Research Award
Strongest display of research experience as an undergraduate
- Shih-Ting (Tina) Huang ($250)
Suedfeld Scholar Award
Best overall combination of academics, research and extracurricular service
- Charlotte Kukowski ($500)